DEMON ACQUIRES SUEDE CATALOGUE
24 January 2011
Demon Music Group’s Edsel label is immensely proud to announce the acquisition of the license for the Suede catalogue. The first releases will be the re-issues of all five studio albums as Deluxe 2CD + DVD Editions in digipaks in June 2011, the first time that these hugely influential albums have been re-issued. All the packages are being put together with the full involvement of all current band members and Bernard Butler.
Named in 2010 as the “best debut album of 1993” by the NME, “Suede” was the fastest-selling debut album ever in the UK at the time, and went on to win 1993’s Mercury Music Prize. Their second album “Dog Man Star” is regarded by many as the band’s masterpiece, whilst the third album “Coming Up” contains five UK Top Ten singles. Three of Suede’s five albums debuted at # 1, and the band enjoyed fourteen UK Top 20 singles. This success was mirrored throughout Europe and Japan.
These Deluxe Editions will feature:
- the non-album b-sides (including many not previously compiled)
- demos from the collections of Brett Anderson, Bernard Butler, and Richard Oakes, including several previously unreleased songs
- DVDs featuring the videos for all the singles, and appropriate concert footage
And the 28 page booklets will contain:
- brand new, specially-written notes by Brett Anderson
- the lyrics for all the songs, including the b-sides
- Brett’s original hand-written lyric drafts
- studio tracking sheets where available
- previously unpublished photos from the collections of both the band and their friends